From El comidista
A healthy, tasty, and simple appetizer. It can be used to brighten up morning toasts or grilled vegetables. It can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator, covered with a splash of oil to keep it moisturized.
Ingredients (for 6 people as appetizer)
- 400 g cooked chickpeas
- 400 g carrots (about 8, depending on size)
- 4 tablespoons tahini (or to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic (or to taste)
- The juice of one lemon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (sweet, hot, or mixed)
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 50ml cold water
- Olive Oil
- Crudites and breadsticks, crackers, or bread as accompany
- Clean the carrots and boil them for 12 minutes. Drain, add some oil, and bake in the oven at 400F for about 20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Cut the carrots into thick slices and put them in a bowl – or the food processor – with the rest of the ingredients (chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, paprika, water, and fennel seeds). Blend until smooth, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Serve with sesame seeds sprinkled on top and crudites, crackers, bread, or pita to accompany.