Translated from Maria Mimbrero’s Recipe Book: Cambia tus hábitos
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 handful of arugula
- 4-5 figs
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 handful of toasted hazelnuts (or walnuts)
- 50 g of feta cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Wash the fruits and vegetables well.
2. Cut the apple (without peeling) into strips.
3. Cut the figs into eight parts.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
5. Assemble your salad with a base of arugula; place the apple, tomatoes, and figs. Crumble the feta cheese with your fingers and add it on top.
6. Chop the toasted hazelnuts in a mortar. Add it on top.
7. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl, adding the oil, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well with a spoon to emulsify. Pour it over the salad and enjoy!
You can add pomegranate if it is in season. You can also change the feta cheese for burrata.