Tip: after you chop the onion, soak them in a bit of vinegar or lemon juice.
Total Time: 30 mins
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably brine-cured), coarsely chopped (optional)
- Heaping 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Make dressing:
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and dill together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Re-whisk before using.
- Combine the salad ingredients:
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and olives in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.